- This event has passed.
Black Maternal Health Week 2022
April 11 @ 10:00 am - April 15 @ 9:00 pm
We are excited to have you join us for Black Maternal Health Week 2022 (#BMHW22)!
Black Maternal Health Week, established and led by the Black Mamas Matter Alliance since 2017, is a week of awareness, activism, and community building that takes place every year from April 11 – 17 and is intended to:
- Deepen the national conversation about Black maternal health in the U.S.;
- Amplify community-driven policy, research, and care solutions;
- Center the voices of Black Mamas, women, families, and stakeholders
- Provide a national platform for Black-led entities and efforts on maternal health, birth, and reproductive justice; and
- Enhance community organizing on Black maternal health
National Birth Equity Collaborative (NBEC) is one of the nation’s leading experts and an advocate for change in the Black maternal health and infant mortality crisis. As an organization focused on sexual reproductive health and wellbeing of Black women and birthing people world-wide, NBEC creates transnational solutions that optimize Black maternal, infant, sexual and reproductive wellbeing. We shift systems and culture through training, research, technical assistance, policy, advocacy, and community-centered collaboration.
Learn more about our Partners and Supporters
- Axia Women’s Health
- The Conversation: Between Us, About Us
- Happy Mama
- Tell Health
- Room to Grow
- Time with Ty
- Baby Live Advice