Digital Content Producer
The role of NBEC’s Marketing and Communications team is to develop and execute communications strategies that bolster the message and mission of the organization and its founder as they strive to support and assist communities and organizations in achieving birth equity and improving family health for Black pregnant and birthing people.
We are seeking a Digital Content Producer to join our team and oversee the production of NBEC’s digital content (including photos and videos) as well as be responsible for managing/producing content for NBEC’s non-social digital platforms (e.g. website, e-blast) on a full-time basis.
S/he/they has a strong aesthetic, expert knowledge of graphic design, understanding of social media and web management, stellar work ethic, and is a personable, collaborative storyteller who will conceive creative content, design appealing visuals, and manage NBEC’s non-social digital properties in order to increase awareness of NBEC’s brand globally.
This position will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications and will collaborate and work very closely with the Social Media Manager to develop content for NBEC’s social media channels.
- Define and manage NBEC’s visual style and presence ensuring a consistent look and feel among all assets
- Design content (e.g. video content, graphics, photos, edited images, infographics, etc.) that reflect NBEC’s voice, values and mission based on promotional needs, activities, special events, announcements, etc.
- Support the creative vision of the Social Media Manager and internal colleagues when creating assets making sure all materials are on brand and aligned with strategy and approved
- Develop and maintain the organization’s brand guidelines with input from internal and external stakeholders
- Collect, organize, and maintain digital content and creative assets so they are readily accessible when needed
- Build a surplus of content; be proactive with future planning and building of templates when possible
- Oversee the development and production timelines for all digital content
- Edit video content into storytelling format to share across digital platforms; oversee external editors’ efforts
- Provide backup support when needed for social media special events and engagements
- Produce institutional materials for distribution by partners, funders, and internal stakeholders as needed
- Manage the organization’s website, updating content as needed and supporting the website redevelopment
- Draft and produce the org’s existing e-blast, analyzing performance and adjusting to grow the mailing list
- Work closely with internal colleagues to ideate and execute social-focused initiatives and partnerships
- Manage internal requests for design support, prioritize requests based on overarching strategic goals
- Design assets for highly-targeted and sophisticated digital advertising campaigns
- Participate in special events, programs and projects as needed (take photos, capture videos, etc.)
- Stay abreast of digital trends and provide recommendations to the organization as warranted
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong graphic design, video editing and photography skills
- 3-4 years experience in Graphic Design, Video Production/Filmmaking and/or Photography
- Demonstrated success developing stylish and appealing creative (graphics, video content, photography, etc.)
- Comprehensive English written and language skills
- In-depth knowledge of the social media landscape and how best to produce assets for each platform
- Familiar with digital media tools used for social content (ex. Meltwater/Hootsuite, Canva, Adobe Creative, etc.)
- Excellent organizational, planning, and project management skills
- Highly motivated self starter; excellent communicator w/a positive demeanor, able to multitask
- Able to flourish with minimal supervision; proactive with good judgment, can work independently
- Commitment to Black women, their bodies, babies, families and communities
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to reproductive justice and anti-racism
- Knowledge of language and framing used within the field and ability to make critical decisions about rebuffing negative attacks online
- Reasonable availability to respond to requests outside normal business hours on occasion
- This is a remote position. Candidate must have access to WiFi and be able to attend meetings virtually.
- Must be available Monday – Friday (9a to 6p Eastern Time)
Benefits & Compensation
$55,000/year + benefits
Please share samples of your work that demonstrate your aesthetic and skill level including examples of photography, video projects, graphics, etc.
Qualified applicants, please send please send your resume and any samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, June 13, 2022 for consideration.
Visit birthequity.org for more details about NBEC’s work.